Sunday, September 2, 2018

customer quilt finished, first baby quilt totally done!


Michael was moving a little bit slowly Saturday morning (9/1).  I think the 4 times per week rehearsals are getting to him, and starting today they will rehearse 5 out of the next 6 days, and then it’s opening night!  He golfed last Thursday, but now will not golf again until after the play opens, trying to conserve some of his energy.  

We both had breakfast, then I headed downstairs to get bobbins wound and to kick off quilting on the newest customer quilt:  



While that was quilting away, I worked on getting the binding on one of the baby quilts:  



Michael eventually came down to run his emails and these pictures are entitled “mom’s blanket is still the best’:
















Anne stopped by for a visit in the late afternoon and we talked and talked and she gave me a book on knitting before leaving as Michael left to pick up Chinese for dinner.  I spent an hour after dinner downstairs and got both quilts finished up:  

I love this simple pattern!













After that Michael made popcorn and we watched a STAR TREK movie….THE FINAL FRONTIER which somehow I don’t think I've ever seen!!!  Hard to believe, but now I’ve seen it at least once  :~).

3 comments:

  1. Why doesn’t Cookie look like that when I am there- sweet and cuddly!
    AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the work that you do. I made a bad mistake when my parents left the house that I grew up in. The remainder of the clean up, which was not much, was up to me. I found a pile of remnants of all of my Mom's projects over 40 years in a pile WAY up in a closet. Being overwhelmed at the time, I looked through the pile with remembrance, and where I had seen every piece of her creation here and there... and threw it away. We were all so exhausted with what happened to my Dad and his bad fall and what ended up with having to move away in short order. I never thought of sending them to you with a commission for a pillow. 2-1/2 years later, I still have guilt :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.