Friday, September 28, 2018

SHQ show & tell


Thursday (9/27) was the first day of our 2 day retreat at Scrap Happy Quilters.  I left the house at 8:45 and stopped at Harris Teeter to buy fruit for the retreat, then headed on down.  There were 24 people signed up and we had a wonderful (if tiring) first day.  I think I got lots down, and there was beautiful show and tell as well: 

love the arrangement of blue down the side and red across the top

I really wish I liked to do applique becuase I LOVE it anytime I see it on a quilt!


Mary Ann found this digging through a bin in some quilt show....it's an antique quilt made with flour sacks:


some day I need to do a bear paw too!

another 'Loree' quilt


finished during the hurricane


















And June's incredible big dream panel that she was blocking during the retreat:


After a quick stop at the library, I was home before 4:30, and Michael and I sat and talked for quite a bit before I headed downstairs to clean up some emails and see what I was going to sew on next.  I did get a bit of pressing done on the newest baby quilt.  

Michael left before 6 PM to go to a Town Hall meeting about increases coming to out HOA dues at the end of the year, and when we got home we watched TV while I continued to knit on a UFO.

I have lots of ladylocks filling left, but only a few shells, I need to get working on baking more shells:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.