Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sandy D's quilt done, furry kids, list finished


It was overcast and windy Saturday morning (9/15) with intermittent rain.  
We had a bit of breakfast, then I headed once again to my studio.  First up was totally finishing Sandy’s quilt....the amount of pieces in this quilt is just mind boggling to me...check out the 9 patch HST blocks which make up the border in the second picture:  















Next was the binding for Rainbow Blockhead:  



I started to apply it, stopping for the perfect grilled cheese for a late lunch: 



and by the time I joined Michael at 7:30, the binding was applied on one side of the quilt!  

I had company in the afternoon (Michael doing his emails and everyone else sleeping...or getting ready to!):














and it was a dark, but productive and peaceful day.  I also re-worked a label for Barb as she decided the original one was too hard to read:



Michael made popcorn and we watched INSIDE OUT….a wonderful and funny movie, before heading to bed.

Here’s my list (for the last time…I’d call it a good week):

-sandy’s quilt     (all rows done)
-barb’s quilt label       (done)
-towels for Michael’s cast gifts (all 10 done!)
-homework for Thursday’s SHQ retreat (postponed)
-label & binding for Rainbow Blockhead (done)
-find pattern for wrapped package baby quilt  (done)

And yet again, what an incredible piece from Joy the Baker (http://joythebaker.com/2018/09/let-it-be-sunday-189/) on the real message of 9/11, with a hard truth: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/opinion/911-lessons-veteran.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.