Saturday, September 15, 2018

breakfast, labels


Michael took Cookie for a walk Friday morning (9/14) while I got eggs hard boiled and peeled.  He has a performance Friday night and I have to make egg salad again for him to eat on stage.  When my honey got home, he made me a smurfy egg/cheese/toast for breakfast:  


And after that I headed downstairs, turned on MIDSOMER MYSTERIES on NETFLIX and fired up my embroidery machine.  By mid-afternoon all of the towels were embroidered….YAY!!  I ripped out the basting and cut away as much of the stabilizer as I could.  They all still have to be washed, pressed and wrapped, but most of the work on them is done.  

After that I took a bit of time to suss out a label for a woman who stopped by this morning:  


I got the program set up and sent a picture and pricing to her to see if she wants it.  

I got a label made for Rainbow Blockhead: 


and started to weave bobbin ends in for Sandy’s quilt.  Michael left before 7 PM for the play and I think I was a little burnt out from all things sewing machine related, so I read for a good long while before loading 2 more strings with beads for my necklace.  Michael got home at 11 PM and we watched a bit of TV before bed.

 Here’s my list:

-sandy’s quilt     (all rows done)
-barb’s quilt label       (done)
-towels for Michael’s cast gifts (all 10 done!)
-homework for Thursday’s SHQ retreat (postponed)
-label & binding for Rainbow Blockhead (1/2 done)
-find pattern for wrapped package baby quilt  (done)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.