Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Rainbow blockhead quilting done, second baby quilt totally done, new quilt loaded


Michael headed out early on Tuesday (9/4) for the chiro, the Dollar Store (gift bags for the baby quilts), Triple A (making a deposit for our flights and days at the resort before the eclipse cruise for next year…..YIKES!!!) and the dentist for a teeth cleaning.  

I headed to the studio and kicked off more quilting on the Rainbow Blockhead….I only had 6 more rows to go, but each row has over 8,000 stitches in it, so that took a bit of time.  While the quilting was going on, I dropped back to working on the second baby quilt binding.  By 3 PM the quilting was done:  



and the second baby quilt was totally finished:    


Sandy D called to say she wanted to bring down 2 quilts for me to long arm, and I told her I had one quilt ahead of her….so I got busy and got my second quilt top basted on the double length of backing:  

I left just about an inch between the first and second quilts...

do you sense a rainbow theme in these quilts?



I took in Sandy’s 2 quilts and also met with Barb D who wants a special label for the quilt she just finished.  I have her drawing and spent a bit of time (after Michael left for rehearsal) trying to work it out in my embroidery software.  After that I decided that I should finish the latest quilt of valor top, so I got borders cut and applied them:



I love how this quilt turned out and I can't wait to make another one!

And, I have to say here that I never give enough credit (or really ANY credit) to my quilt holder…..the man who, any time day or night, is happy to stand with arms up and outstretched for as long as it takes me to get a good picture….you know….my sweetie pie:


He was home from rehearsal after 9 PM and we watched TV and I got a second knitted sleeve done before bed!

1 comment:

  1. That was a LOT to get done in ONE day!!! Now I know what people mean when they say they are exhausted just reading my posts. (And mine are a week's worth of activities.) I love the rainbow themed quilts, but that QOV is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.