Monday, September 3, 2018

banana bread, adorable kitties, cast gift


We had a wonderful morning on Sunday (9/2) and I finally managed to get my banana bread made (but of course didn't remember to take a picture until after we had snarfed down a bunch!):  


Michael and I each had several slices and he took the remainder of that loaf to rehearsal (apparently it was a huge hit and one young man said it tasted exactly like his mom’s  :~).  I finally hit my studio at NOON to work on a few things.  I wanted to do some embroidered towels as cast gifts for Michael to give out, and the director might not be there beyond the first weekend, so I put together the embroidery and started to stitch it out.  


















I only did one towel because I decided I should wash them first in case they shrink.  

Then, I really wanted to work on the binding for the second baby quilt, but when you have 2 adorable kitties sleeping on the very thing you wanted to work on:  






you find something else!  So, I got out my cat fabric and all of the associated colors and cut out another cat quilt:  


This is the first of the projects I am packing for the Fiber Floozie Retreat in November.  I know November seems like a long way off….but with the way this year is FLYING by…it will be here before I know it!  I decided that since I had a bunch of solids out, I would add a few colors to them and cut out enough for another Four Patch Frenzy quilt:  














I got 5 colors cut (I still have to cut the black and white strips to make the 4 patches) and the sixth will be a lavender backing that I loaded up (after dinner) for 2 Beds=Dreams quilts:  


I’m hoping to have enough fabric leftover from the sides and bottom to cut out 16 4-1/2’’ by 10’’ rectangles.

STASH REPORT - I missed doing the stash report on August 31st, and I must admit it was probably a Freudian slip!  I was briefly in the black at the end of July, but I was in Canada at the time, so no report was posted….then came August…..August…..one of the months of the FOUST sale, PLUS a sale on fleece the likes of which I have never seen.  The upshot is, I bought 22 yards of fleece at an unbelievable $2.50 per yard.  I desperately needed it as I had NO blue fleece and already have 3 patriotic tops which need to be quilted.  Then there was the FOUST sale.  I thought I was being conservative, but it still ended up being 42 more yards of fabric.  So, total purchased for August is 64 yards of fabric, and total used is only 20 yards.  Year-to-date I’ve bought 187 yards of fabric, while only using 144-1/2 yards, putting me in the red for 42-1/2 yards.  Hopefully the cutting I’ll be doing for the retreat in November will help whittle down that number.


2 comments:

  1. I would not think with how fast and much you quilt, that having 421/2 yards in the red is really a little drop in the bucket? What is your goal? And my guess is that there is more material lurking in the far corners of your studio than 42 1/2 yards? LOL
    AM143

    ReplyDelete
  2. "only using 144-1/2 yards"... BOGGLES my mind !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.