Saturday, September 22, 2018

eclairs & cream puffs, egg salad tip, coconut macaroons


Inez and I worked hard all day Friday (9/21) with only a short trip to Hobby Lobby to get a larger pastry tip and couplers to make our éclairs and cream puffs!  

starting the dough



piping eclairs


piping cream puffs








We took a break and rested for a bit before making a sweetened/chocolate whipped cream filling, and inviting some friends over:  

Paula


Anne


Inez

Susie


I think everyone had a wonderful time sitting around and talking for quite a bit!  And, excited by all of the company, I think someone else wanted to get in on all the action:


Since Inez and I didn’t make anything on Thursday, we doubled up and also made orange flavored coconut macaroons, dipped in chocolate:  





















I also had to whip out some egg salad for TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE and wanted to give you a little tip.  I have found that a simple kitchen tool can do double duty:  





I use my pastry blender to make beatifully chopped eggs for egg or potato salad!  

My other furry babies stayed well out of the fray....both squished into the top level of the bedroom cat tree:















Michael left for his performance just after 6 PM, while Inez and I headed out to 521 BBQ for dinner.  We were both beat in the evening, so we watched DVD’s of the VICAR OF DIBLEY and I did get some of my strips sewn together for a new baby quilt.

Ok Janice, more sewing, so here's a before and after...of course the kids were there the MINUTE it was empty:





4 comments:

  1. We are having so much fun! Inez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the basket look better with kitties in it than stuff? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday cupcakes! Good! Loved the icing and the decoration! Would have enjoyed a more moist cupcake but still good but saved by the icing! Loving that Inez is visiting! We are reaping the benefits! And she is only half way through her visit!����. AM 143

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pastry blender tip ! Just last week I was trying to remember what tool did double duty as an
    egg chopper ! The orange/chocolate macaroons sound delish !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.