Sunday, September 9, 2018

party before Tuesdays with Morrie


Michael was up before 7 AM on Saturday morning (9/8) to hit the golf course, and I hopped up early to get some apricot muffins done for the craft fair.  The Cooking Fingers club sells muffins and cupcakes outside of the craft fair and donates the money.  This time it will be going to Belair Food Bank and Second Harvest, both places I really like for donations  :~).  

I got to have a nice chat with Pat W in the morning, we’ve decided we HAVE to book a date this month, otherwise we’ll NEVER see each other!!!  So, we are getting together on one of the Tuesdays this month.  

I spent a bit of time in my studio, ripping out basting, weaving in bobbin ends and trimming the Trellis quilt; it’s now on the to-be-bound pile:  


and I also spent a bit of time on the kitty quilt  from here:  



to here:


Michael came home from golf, very happy with his 82….I’m not sure how he is doing this….I was DRAGGING all day and he played golf and will give another performance tonight…incredible!  

At 4 PM I headed upstairs to get ready for the pot luck guests.  We had a small, but very nice group:





Barb W & me

Anne

Edee

Paula

John & Renee


We headed out to the theater and watched 2 plays, 2 ACROSS about 2 people who meet on the subway, and then TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE.  I don’t want to go into too much detail, as there are people who read this blog who have not yet seen the play, but I will say that having already watched one husband die, it was VERY hard to watch Michael on stage.

1 comment:

  1. I almost didn't recognize you as you are usually behind the camera. Shortening your hair took at least 10 years off your age! Looks very nice. Going to have to change your picture for your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.