Wednesday, September 19, 2018

new QoV loaded


Well – it wasn’t a good night’s sleep for either one of us, so we were both kind of dragging on Tuesday morning (9/18).  Someone is coming to look at air conditioner around NOON today…I am praying that we don’t need a new one  :~(.  

After breakfast on the lanair, I started up with Sandy’s quilt again, and by lunchtime, the quilting was done:  


Our air conditioner repair guy came around then and several hundred bucks later we had a new motor and capacitor…what a blessing air conditioning is and what a blessing that we could afford to get it fixed!  

My sewing table was a bit out of control with leftover bits and bobs of batting, so I turned this:  


into this:  


I think I’ve got enough small pieces of batting sewn together now to run up some dog/cat beds, so I’ve gotta put that on some list to do  :~).

When Paula and I were tooling around Monday night, she indicated that she had a quilt ready for me to quilt…but she is such a sweetie and knows I want to get a few of mine done….so she said she could wait.  So, I loaded up a double length piece of blue fleece to knock out 2 quilts of valor.  I got the first quilt loaded and basted:  














and by the time that was done, it was 4 PM and Pat W came over for a visit.  

making friends
















We poured mai tais and solved the problems of the world for a couple of hours before she left for home and Michael was picked up to head out to the movies (A SMALL FAVOR).

I was tired after dinner and after cleaning up a bit downstairs, I came up and read my book until Michael got home around 10 PM.  I have started a new series by Susan M Boyer called her Low Country Boil series and I am loving it!  I think my friend Ginny recommended it.  The only bad thing about it is, I think there are only 6 books in the series, but other than that, they are great!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog - why no more talking about Russian rye bread?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.