Thursday, September 20, 2018

goodbye to bunnies, Inez!!!, Killer Pecan Sticky buns, AJ


Wednesday (9/19) just flew by!  Janice graciously got up earlier in the morning so we could start to SKYPE 1/2 an hour earlier.  Since I didn't have any extra time, my honey made me breakfast:



which I ate while I was SKYPE-ing!!  As soon as Janice and I were done, I flew to Waxhaw to pick up my hearing aids.  That took just over an hour, after which I hit the local yarn store.  I made some items for the display windows for a club here at SCCL years ago called Stitch and Chat.  After serveral years they decided not to use them anymore, and gave them back to me.  I couldn't bear to throw them out....so I've had them hanging in a bag for many, many years.  Since I had to go to Waxhaw anyway, I thought I'd offer them to the local yarn shop...and she was thrilled to have them:



After that it was a quick pit stop at home before heading to the airport to pick up:




Inez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That’s right…she’s here!!!!!!!  We headed home and relaxed in the living room and talked for hours!!  Cookie made another friend:



exuberance....thy name is Cookie!

Michael had leftover pizza for dinner and Inez and I finished up the Tuscan Chicken Mac & Cheese before getting started on our first baking endeavor: Killer Pecan Sticky Buns!!  We got the dough all made and left it to rise before heading downstairs to get the program set up for my Quilt of Valor.  We headed back upstairs and put the rolls together with a yummy pecan/honey/brown sugar topping before sliding them into the fridge to rise overnight.  

next time I might knead the soaked apricots right into the dough




We did a bit more talking before bed.

And, another dose of cute:



Michael and I sent those styrofoam letters and numbers ages ago...and now it seems like they're her favorite toy....SCORE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the killer pecan sticky buns with SOAKED APRICOTS ??!! Is that something new ? That might have to be on the list for when I visit next - but my third will need walnuts PLEEZE... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.