Saturday, September 29, 2018

newest baby top totally done, colors for eye doc baby quilt


After a quick breakfast on Friday (9/28) 















we left for a long list of errands.  We left the house at 8:30 and finally got back home at 2 PM.  First stop was the chiro for both of us, then eye appointments for both of us in Pineville.  After that it was my favorite – personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut (I LOVE the crust), before heading to JC Penny to pick up some shorts for Michael that I ordered on line.  After that it was WALMART for more baking groceries…I need to make 60 desserts by Saturday at 3 PM for the SWEET CHARITY auction for Volunteers.Then we hit the LCNGA (Lancaster County Natural Gas Association).  I have a PSA (Public Service Announcement) about what Michael and I are working towards.  I’m sure when we first moved here, we did the ‘divide and conquer’ thing with utilities…you know….you take those ones and get us set up and I’ll take these ones and do the same.  That means that our utilities are in EITHER Michael’s name or my name.  This doesn’t usually matter until somebody dies.  I’m not trying to be morbid here, just practical.  It matters because if the utility is in the deceased spouses name only, the remaining spouse may (definitely will in the case of the natural gas company) be charged to change the service over to surviving spouse’s name.  Not to mention they won’t even want to talk to you since the utility isn’t in your name.  At a time when you definitely don’t need any extra grief…..you’re having to deal with this stuff.  So, if you are a married couple (or any other legally joined couple), and your bills do not have BOTH of your names on them; please think about having that done.  It probably means both of you going in person (that’s what happened with the gas company) with your driver’s licenses and filling out forms.  After a final stop for gas, we headed home.  

This weekend is the Ryder Cup, so Michael is glued to the TV.  I read my book for a couple of hours before heading down to my studio.  I worked until 9 PM and got the newest baby top totally finished: 

here's where it was

auditioning fabric


just like a nicely wrapped pachage....all done!



and pulled out colors to hopefully make one for the eye doctor (who's having a boy):




2 comments:

  1. Okay! Feel like a dummy! Couldn’t figure out what you were doing with that baby quilt! Never saw that coming!am143

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you not go to the second day of your 2 day retreat ?! Cute Baby quilt !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.