Friday, September 14, 2018

new recipe, Lucy/Ethel/Cookie, FMCP towels


While I’m sorry that our 2 day quilt retreat was cancelled due to concerns about Hurricane Florence, I am glad that it will give me 2 unscheduled days to hopefully make a big dent in my list.  Of course that’s providing we don’t lose our electricity…but it’s currently 8 AM on Thursday (9/13), Michael just left for golf and I’m looking at blue skies all around  :~).  But if the blog entries stop suddenly, you’ll know our electric is gone  :~).  

Anyway, I did have to make a quick trip to the chiro, and I had a nice chat with Mary Jo when I got home, but I finally buckled down to quilting and embroidering.  Michael came home at 2 PM with an 82 and TWO birdies, so he was a happy camper.  He said the golf course had drained the lakes somewhat so that they don’t overflow with all of the rain coming.  And when they drain the lakes, you know what they find?


Yep, many, many balls that golfers have lost in the water  :~). 

We took a golf cart ride in the afternoon to pick up some library books and drop the baby quilt off at Sally’s house.  I made the pink quilt (remember this?): 


for her first grandchild.  

After that I continued to quilt and by dinnertime, the quilting was finished:  


 I made a new recipe, Chicken Tuscan Mac & Cheese that Michael pronounced EXCELLENT!  

my mis en place

starting with brined chicken

before he headed off to a pick up rehearsal at the theatre.  While he was gone, I continued to embroider towels until he got home after 9 PM.  I had company everywhere:  

















You know, I'm making 3 different versions of these towels.  For the actors and directors, the towels only have one play listed (either 2 Across or Tuesdays with Morrie):



But for the stage crew, lighting, etc, I've made towels with both plays listed:



Michael and I watched a bit of TV before bed, and I was so tired I did not do even ONE extra thing!!

Here’s my list:

-sandy’s quilt     (all rows done)
-barb’s quilt label       (done)
-towels for Michael’s cast gifts (7 done, 3 to go)
-homework for Thursday’s SHQ retreat (postponed)
-label & binding for Rainbow Blockhead
-find pattern for wrapped package baby quilt  (done)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.