Monday, September 17, 2018

Sandy's 2nd quilt loaded, Rainbow blockhead totally finished, champagne & puffy things


A quick note before we get started.  My friend Inez is coming on Wednesday from Florida and staying for a week…YAY!!!  The plan as of now is to bake something every day….if you are within driving distance of my house, and want to try any of our goodies (providing there are leftovers), please leave me a comment.  I’ll add you to an email list, and then send out something as the goodies are completed.  First come, first serve!

*******************

Sunday (9/16) was another gloomy and rainy day.  The perfect day to stay home and craft  :~).  In order to keep moving ahead with my own quilts, I first had to load up Sandy D’s second quilt:  















Anne came for a visit as her phone, internet and TV were all down and she was fascinated while watching me load Miss Scarlett  :~).  After that was done I dropped back to working on Rainbow Blockhead, and by dinnertime it was totally finished:  




I LOVE this quilt….I love the quilting on it and also love the tiny black binding….I feel it really finishes the quilt.  















Michael and I had already decided weeks ago to have champagne and puffy things after each Sunday matinee performance, so even though performances were cancelled for Saturday and Sunday….that was still our supper:  

check out the color from the frozen raspberries/blackberries/blueberries














We settled in to watch TV (we’re currently back to watching THE CLOSER as they suddenly put a bunch of re-runs on the LIFETIME stations…we really miss that show), and my necklace is now totally loaded for beads.  I’ll have to contact one of my ‘teachers’ to see if we can get together so that she can guide me to braiding it correctly.

 ****MMR Michael’s Movie Reviews***

Operation:Finale, starring Ben Kingsley as Adolph Eichmann.  Set up like the movie “ARGO” from a few years back, this true story of the hunting down and eventual capture of “the architect of the final solution” follows a group of Mossad agents as they plan this “operation finale”.  Eichmann was the last major German officer left free after WWII.  In 1960, he was in Argentina, living with his wife and 2 sons under a Spanish name.  He was being protected by a large group of Nazi sympathizers.  Much of the movie shows Eichmann and his captors battling for mental superiority.  The final takedown and ending credits are well worth the wait!  I give it 3-1/2 fat quarters out of 5.

BlacKKKlansman: directed by Spike Lee, based on a true story.  Set in the 70’s, a black undercover cop puts on a “white voice” and contacts the local KKK and becomes a member.  He sends his white cop friend to go to meetings to infiltrate the group.  The KKK is planning some “terrorist” type activities and the movie shows what happens behind those white robes – it’s not pleasant to see.  More frightening is that the credo of the KKK sounds very much like the rhetoric spewing from our “White” house today.  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5. 

3 comments:

  1. Great movie reviews -- keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- Inez is coming this week! The time went by quickly! Add me to the list! I will be hovering over my emails waitingvwith baited breath!
    AM143

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was closer, I would have loved goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.