Saturday, September 1, 2018

bread, new customer quilt


Michael and I got a wonderful reprieve Friday morning (8/31).  The eye doc’s office called to say they had to cancel our appointment….YAY!!!  Suddenly a free day!!!  My honey was a sweetheart and ran to the grocery store for me while I got bread dough made (we haven’t had bread in the house for a couple of days!)  I headed downstairs to start to load up a customer quilt:  



I took a big pause around lunch time to form the dough into loaves and get it baked….it turned out beautifully!!  















While it was still warm, we delivered 1/2 a loaf to some new people we met in our neighborhood and the other 1/2 to Joanne & Larry…then came home and each had a piece ourselves….yum!!  I finally made it downstairs to finish up loading the quilt:  


I got the program all set up and had hoped to start the quilting after Michael left for rehearsal, but a lightening/thunder storm moved in and I unplugged everything.  By the time it had moved on, I was deep into a new library book, so just read until my honey got home around 9 PM.

Speaking of library books, I just finished the latest in the Mitford series: TO BE WHERE YOU ARE, and I’m not sure I liked it as much as the others.  One of the things I absolutely loved about the Mitford series is that when you started to read it, you just relaxed.  The books seemed to move with a ‘moseying along’ pace and I felt like I should be in my hammock, on a lazy, warm afternoon with a glass of lemonade nearby.  When I started the most recent book, I immediately felt like I was in Manhattan, breathless, while running to something important.  

Now the latest book was mostly about Dooley & Lace, and they are certainly younger and probably move a good bit faster than Father Tim and Cynthia, but I just wasn’t sure I liked it.  I also wasn’t sure whether it was just my perception that was skewed.  So, I ordered the previous 2 books (SOMEWHERE SAFE WITH SOMEBODY GOOD and COME RAIN OR COME SHINE), and I’ve already gotten into SOMEWHERE SAFE.  Once again I feel relaxed reading it.  I’d really appreciate it if anyone else wanted to weigh in on how I feel about the last book.  If you need a list of the books in order (you really need to read them in order), just let me know and I’d be happy to send that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.