Wednesday, September 12, 2018

quilting for Sandy, Barb's label, furry kids


After walking Cookie, Michael headed out on errands (pet store & grocery store) Tuesday morning (9/11), while I headed to my studio to continue to work on my list.  

I fired up Miss Scarlett and set her to quilting (there's a lot of definition in the quilting due to the wool batting...I LOVE it):  



then loaded up my embroidery machine and started to stitch out Barb’s label:  


















I had an audience of sorts (sleeping though they were) throughout my endeavors:  


I finished reclaiming the lavender fabric and added the remaining stuff to my scrap drawer:  


The afternoon was spent quilting and embroidering, with various animals enjoying the new quilts:

this is Lucy















And this is Ethel:



Cookie was in on the action (or I guess I should say LACK of action, as well):














Michael left at 6:45 PM during a torrential downpour to pick up Larry to see OPERATION FINALE….I thought the rain wasn’t supposed to be here until Wednesday night (due to hurricane Florence), but I guess we have thunder storms ahead of it.  Anyway, when I heard the thunder roll in, I shut down everything.  I spent the evening setting up for my first beaded necklace and getting the beads strung on 2 of 8 strings…it takes a LONG time!!!

Where do I stand on my list?

-sandy’s quilt     (11 of 17 rows done)
-barb’s quilt label       (done)
-towels for Michael’s cast gifts (4 done, 6 to go)
-homework for Thursday’s SHQ retreat
-label & binding for Rainbow Blockhead
-find pattern for wrapped package baby quilt  (done)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.