Friday, July 7, 2017

SHQ show & tell, vase thank you

Thursday morning (7/6) Michael packed the car for me for quilting, but then headed out for a quick trip to the chiro.  He was home by 9:30 and I took off for Osceola (the church where we quilt).  I’m so glad my honey packed up the car and I made approximately 7 trips to carry everything from the car into the church hall…just so that I could flap my jaw for the entire time except for 20 minutes of sewing  :~).  It was fun to talk to everyone, and get and give opinions on quilts…I think I’m totally rejecting the yellow bars versus diamonds layout and going with something that is a lot more work….but will look much better!  Today was food day at quilting and as usual, the food was so outstanding (of course I totally forgot to get pictures of that), but I did get pictures of show and tell:  

this is Mary Ann's and I LOVE it!

a prayers & squares quilt that will be given away

Susie, who along with Sandy below is the QUEEN of teeny tiny pieces!

the hand quilting on this was stunning!

Jerry's quilt of valor for daughter

Sandy wtih 2 inch squares

Sandy with even smaller pieces (make this picture bigger to see)

Denise with her first art quilt

Denise with a beautiful runner

Jerri


























































































































































I was totally beat when I got home (due to a really restless/poor night of sleep on Wednesday night), so I took a nap, then spent several hours working on my long arm programs.  I am changing my quilt charges to be by the square inch (it just seems more fair for the customers and easier for me when someone's quilt size was just over what I had as a standard size), and had to sort my patterns into 2 levels.  I just have a few patterns that are REALLY labor intensive due to the number of stitches in the pattern, and I wanted to sort them out from the regular patterns.  I was done by 6 PM and we had leftover pizza for dinner.  I spent the evening watching TV with my honey and ripping out some blocks I had sewn together incorrectly.


There’s a woman at Thursday quilting who is only there for 1/2 of the year as she spends the other 1/2 of the year with another daughter who lives in Charleston.  Occasionally I do favors for Jerry, which I am more than happy to do because she is such a sweet person, and the favors generally take me only minutes to help her out (most of the time it’s finding information on the internet, or finding her a recipe or quilting pattern).  She recently completed a quilt of valor for her daughter (pictured above) and I did the embroidered square in the middle with the navy emblem.  She brought me the most beautiful/perfect gift as a thank you:  


















This vase is already out on the porch….looking stunning.  As much as I wish Jerry didn’t feel she had to buy me a gift to say thank you, this vase is PERFECT!!!  I wish you all could see it in person because as usual, the picture does not do justice to the gorgeous color of the vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.