Sunday, July 30, 2017

sewing day for MESIG

Michael was up at 6 AM on Saturday (7/29) and I followed shortly afterwards with lots to do.  The Machine Embroidery Club (MESIG) was having a sew-in to make donations for the Lancaster Children’s Home, and I also volunteered to teach a rope basket.  I had to pull together all of my supplies and disconnect my regular Pfaff machine (always a nightmare....that's why I have a portable, but wasn't sure it could handle the rope basket) to haul everything up to the Lake House.  My honey left at 7:30 for golf here at SCCL, and I left at 8:30 with all of my supplies.

the back of my car....almost looks like FF retreat.....right??


We had a really nice day making rope baskets and working on quilted bags for the Lancaster Children's Home:

Pat P and Sue hiding

Sue S

Joyce & Pat W

Pat S & Jeanette (see Jeanette's bowl on machine?  almost finished



I was just beat when I got home at 2:30 (I’m sure mostly because of the pain my foot), so after I heard about Michael’s 84 on the golf course, I just propped my foot up on an ice bag and read the rest of the afternoon away  :~).  Michael grilled hot dogs for dinner, and I spent an hour after that cutting strips for binding on the 2 Valor quilts and getting them sewn together 


before heading upstairs to knit and watch TV with my honey.  The temperature dropped off at the end of the evening, so we spent some time out on the lanair, holding hands and enjoying the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.