Saturday, July 8, 2017

new Valor top, dinner at Susan's

Michael took the dog for a walk Friday morning (7/7) while I ran to the grocery store.  After that we had a lovely breakfast on the porch:  



which everyone seemed to enjoy:  














Michael left around 10 AM with a long list of stops to make (library, CVS, Walmart, BJ’s, golf store, etc) and I met a new quilter (looking for long arm services) who moved to Sun City recently and saw my business card at the local insurance agent’s…..SCORE!!  After she left I spent some time in the kitchen.  We’re having dinner company on Saturday and I know it’s going to be a crazy day, so I put together the dinner salad (Mediterranean Orzo Salad): 














and also got our dessert made.  I spent the rest of the afternoon putting together the latest Valor quilt top: 


and we packed up our TRIPOLI game and headed over to Susan’s at 6 PM.  She made a lovely chicken stir fry for dinner along with perfectly ripe cantaloupe and corn on the cob….

Susan in action!
















after which we played TRIPOLI with Melanie & Don (her daughter and son-in-law) and Joe.  

Joe, Susan, Don

Don & Melanie, Michael, the back of Joe's head  :~)


























We were home after 9 PM and read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.