Friday, July 28, 2017

new quilt loaded, some birthday cards

We were both up before 6:30 AM on Thursday (7/27), Michael to get ready for golf and me to make him a grab-and-go egg and bacon sandwich (since he didn’t have time to eat breakfast at home).  I worked all day on loading up a customer quilt, getting it basted and getting the program set up (this quilt has 15 inch borders that were not measured before being added, they were just sewn straight down the side...it will be a challenge to quilt without pleats):  



you can already see a bit of rippling starting

Michael was home by 12:30 and he said it was CERTAINLY a let down from Monday’s score  :~(.  Oh well….if he could be consistent, he’d be on the pro tour….right?  We had leftovers for dinner and I knit while watching TV with my honey in the evening.


I wanted to share some of my b-day cards with you….they were too special.

I have 2 friends who are artists, so they drew their cards:

Inez

Ginny





























Then there were 2 friends who definitely picked things I am interested in:

Sue (sis-in-law) & Charlie

yes, those are all donuts from my neighbor Susan

































Reg & Loree thought about getting me a "purebred" cat, but decided to bring a picture first to make sure I was interested:



The next card was from Pat and George, and made me laugh right out loud:

the inside said "how much do you weigh?"!

And some of them were just silly and made me smile (and had lovely notes in them):

from Ann Mary & Jim

from Debbie & Claude

































I had a terrific birthday and consider myself so very fortunate to have good friends!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.