Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Cookie & Elsie, show and tell at machine embroidery, June's bread

Ya know, I was just thinking yesterday that it’s warm and my babies haven’t snuggled in forever, then when I got up Monday morning (7/17):  














I LOVE it when they do that  :~).  I was on the road with my bike at 6:40 AM….only to discover I had a flat tire  :~(.  I did my ride anyway, but now have to find someone to fix it.  I was totally bummed….finally get myself motivated to do something….and this happens on the second day  :~(.  I came home and did a few chores before SKYPing with Janice at 9 AM.  We had a good time talking (early this week because Tuesday I have an AM dentist appointment and Wednesday AM I’ll be picking up Inez at the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and solved all of the problems of the world in the hour we had  :~).  I spent the next 1-1/2 hours loading 8 new designs into my tablet.  I want to use one of the new designs on one of my Valor quilts, so I needed to load it first.  After that I was finally ready to set up the program for the first quilt.  I got that set up, but by then I was starving, so I fixed brunch (diet pizzas) and packed up everything for Machine Embroidery and headed out.  Lots and lots of show and tell today….I’m telling you…these ladies are incredible:  

Pat S is embellishing her clothing

for Joyce's porch

Joyce, commemorating their summer spent in a camper

Jeanette's beautiful wall handing for Thanksgiving

Jeanette and why she likes SCCL

Barbara with an adorable rain themed quilt

Cathy with Halloween stuff

















I have to tell you about this next embroidery.  Pat W is making a quilt for her bed.  She didn't have enough fabric and took a picture of the fabric and sent it out to a company to be digitized....OMword....I can't believe how perfect this is:


We all thought this was a piece of her fabric....but it's an embroidered square.....which took 4-1/2 hours to stitch out!!!!  She made 2 and I think she's going to use them on pillow shams.

Michael was home by the time I got home close to 4 PM.  He had an 88 (which he didn’t seem very happy about), but got his traditional birdie…so that made him happier.  I wanted to be productive, but just couldn’t get going, so I read for 45 minutes, then dozed for 45 mintues, then finally had a chicken sandwich for dinner.  I felt a bit more energy after that so I started stitching out on my first quilt….each row takes 20 – 25 minutes, but it is perfect....there are a lot of white patches on this quilt and I definitely wanted something interesting to fill in the spaces:  


I headed upstairs at 8 PM and knit and watched TV with my honey until 10 when we went to bed. 

My fellow Fiber Floozie June has been working on perfecting her Bimini Bread ever since her cruise, and last night she felt like she finally hit the mark:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.