Saturday, July 15, 2017

breakfast on porch, another quilt loaded, plum tomato harvest

Friday (7/14) was a wonderfully relaxing day….it started with breakfast on the porch (notice the appliance once again making an appearance to heat up leftover pancakes from Sunday morning)!!


  











While we were out there, I saw 2 (what I think) are tiny goldfinches, enjoying my basil which has gone to seed:  


Glad someone is liking it….I apparently bought the wrong kind….I will definitely still make pesto, but next year must look for a different package of seeds.  After that I had a visit from the current president of the SCCL quilters.  They have been getting their Quilts of Valor quilted for free from a guy who has made it his passion….but he is having health issues and at least for the time being, cannot quilt their quilts.  I made them a reasonable offer (dirt cheap according to some friends I passed it by :~) to help them out, and Pat M came over to see how much work it would involve.  After she left around 11:30, I headed downstairs to get Mary Ann’s second quilt basted: 

same gorgeous colors as last one

and to start quilting it.  She picked a different heart pattern for this one and I think it looks really nice (this is the back because it really doesn't show on the front):  














Michael did our daily harvest in the garden and although the big boy tomatoes are not turning red :~(, we finally got a decent haul of our plum tomatoes:  



At 3 PM I decided I deserved to relax too…so I headed upstairs to make a pan of brownies, and then settled in to read my book.  We picked up Ann Mary & Jim just before 5:30  PM and headed up to the golf club house to meet Gale & Phil and Pat W and Jan.  They were having a fish fry and we all enjoyed it before retiring back to our house for brownies and ice cream.  By then George was home from the pizza party at the Lancaster Children’s House, so he joined us as well.  He hadn’t seen the porch at all up until now, so Michael gave him the tour and George loved it!  Everyone was gone by 8 PM and I read for a bit more before joining Michael for a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. yep, that's exactly what I do when I want to relax...MAKE A PAN OF BROWNIES !!! NOT !!! (mj in ct)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.