Sunday, July 2, 2017

first deck pillow done

Michael left for golf here at SCCL very early Saturday morning (7/1), while I had a leisurely breakfast and read my book for quite a bit before heading downstairs.  I made a good start on quilting the newest Clinton quilt, 














and also worked on my pillow covers.  Michael came home with an 88, that he didn’t seem very happy with and headed out back to make a great harvest of tomotoes:  


I hope to use these this week for a new recipe.  By dinnertime I had finished one pillow cover: 














and quilted the top for a second one, and got almost 1/2 way done with quilting the Clinton quilt.  Did I tell you about this fabric for the pillows?  I had been thinking about it and made sure I put the paint sample chips in my purse so that I had them when we went to FOUST.  I was going to look for fabric for pillow covers.  One day I was sewing on something and I remembered this fabric that I've had forever, and loved forever, but had never managed to make into a quilt.  I went and pulled it out and checked it against our deck colors...and I think it looks GORGEOUS!!!  I was very excited....I get to use a fabric out of my stash and that I think looks beautiful on our deck....SCORE!!

We both had sandwiches for dinner….I had a ‘mater sammich with the first BIG BOY tomato out of our garden….yum!!!  A huge thunder and lightening storm blew up and we sat out on our deck enjoying the weather and holding hands while staying perfectly dry  :~) for quite awhile.  After that Michael made popcorn and we settled in to watch THE LOST WORLD – the second Jurassic Park movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.