Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mary Ann's quilt, a gift!, pizza

Michael left early with a bunch of his buddies for breakfast on Tuesday (7/18) and I got one row of quilting done before leaving for my routine dentist appointment.  I went to Papa Murphy’s afterwards to pick up a pizza for dinner and wasn’t home until just after 11 AN.  By then I was ravenous and ate Michael’s breakfast leftovers for my own breakfast/lunch.   Mary Ann stopped by to pick up her finished quilt (done in those gorgeous colors again):  


















and to bring me a gorgous and TOTALLY unexpected gift!  Last week's class at Thursday quilting was a pincushion/hanging trash bag, and Mary Ann made an extra one....and she gave it to me!:














I absolutely love it and can certainly use it on my cutting tables :~).  As Mary Ann was leaving, Shirley stopped by to drop off another quilt, and I was finally down in my studio at 1:30 to continue quilting.  I am so in love with this new pattern…giving me lots of interest in the big white spaces of my Valor quilt:  















I got 2 rows done before Susan picked me up for yet another lifestyle/focus group meeting at 3 PM.  I was home by 5….ravenous again…and we threw the pizza in the oven:  



It was SO GOOD!!!!  Chicken/garlic/tomatoes/herbs and a bunch of other stuff!  Larry picked Michael up before 7 PM for the newest PLANET OF THE APES movie…and I ran around the house trying to make it presentable for Inez’s visit tomorrow.  I cannot even remember the last time we saw each other…but it has definitely been years and years.  I fired up Miss Scarlett and had the quilting done on the first Valor quilt before the end of the night:  



Even though we were both very tired by the time Michael got home from the movies at 11 PM (we had a terrific thunder storm and they lost power!  But it came back on about 10 minutes later), it was so cool outside that we lit our candles and sat out there for 1/2 an hour before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.