Monday, July 10, 2017

Michael starts a new project

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (7/9) while I got chicken stock strained and chilled.  


Paula brought me a rotisserie chicken on Saturday afternoon.  I quickly got it picked, and threw the bones into my crock pot with some water and set it out on the porch.  It cooked for 18 hours before straining and chilling.  When Paula came for dinner on Saturday night, she brought me 3 more rotisserie carcasses (that she had picked to get ready for Cooking Fingers July meetings) so before Michael was back I got those into the crockpot and put it back out on the porch as well.  I had 2 cups of leftover buttermilk, so Michael cooked bacon and I made pancakes for breakfast once he returned….


Jan wasn’t available for breakfast, so we decided to invite Gale and Phil:  


We had a really nice visit…we sat around and talked for at least an hour after breakfast.  (Sometimes I think it’s much nicer to invite people for breakfast than for dinner….and I’ll have to keep that in mind in the future.)  Michael got set up for a new craft project after that, 

old, worn out tray table top





and I headed downstairs to get the new quilt basted. People stopped by on and off all afternoon to pay for and pick up their tickets for MAMA MIA on July 22 (we have 23 people going!)  I got the quilt all basted, 


the program set up and all of my bobbins wound before dinner.  We had leftovers for a late dinner… chicken/coleslaw/tomatoes/orzo salad 


and relaxed in front of the TV for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

  1. I can't quite tell what Michael is doing to the tray table. Please post finished pics.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.