Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cooking Fingers, Inez, Martini night

Michael was up early for golf at Stonebridge on Monday (7/24) while Inez and I had a relaxing morning until it was time to leave for Cooking Fingers.  Today was grandkids day at CF.  There were 4 grandmothers, who with their grandchildren (aged 12 – 16) did the demos and served the food.  

Paula & Caitlin did the dill pickle soup...it was yummy!!

they made watermelon/feta salad

chicken enchiladas

pineapple bars

















































I was very impressed with their poise and skills in the kitchen!!!  And Inez and I got to sit at the birthday table (since my birthday is in July).  


I got a dark chocolate Hershy bar and we got served first!!  

dill pickle soup

watermelon salad, chicken enchiladas

pineapple bars

We made a quick stop at CVS and got home around NOON so that Inez could finish packing and we could head out to the airport  :~(.  













I think we had a wonderful visit and it was very sad to see her go.  Michael was home when I got home and he very matter-of-factly told me he got a SEVENTY-FOUR on the golf course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    74!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I couldn’t believe it….yes…he said that was the lowest score he has ever gotten in his life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He reminded me that it would have been his brother's birthday (7/24) and that he felt Andy was looking out for him.  He was very happy, but very tired….and I was very tired….so we both took an hour nap!!!!  When I got up, I had time to do a little laundry before heading out to martini club.  It was Andi’s turn to host, 

sorry I got our hostess with her eyes closed!!
and she was doing it for the first time and it was fabulous!  The food and martinis were wonderful:  



homemade parmesan herb bread

buffalo chicken bites with all of the sauces



this was a chocolate orange martini...yum!!

















and we played catch phrase for our game, which was really fun.  I got home just after 10:30 and read for just a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.