Monday, July 31, 2017

flowers, breakfast on lanair, bread, sleeping

It was 67 degrees outside when we woke up on Sunday (7/30)…WHOO HOO!!  Michael & Cookie went for a walk first thing, while I got laundry started and did some bills.  I have 3 hydrangea plants that have grown to be huge and beautiful and lush...with absolutely NO blooms on them....but I finally got TWO blooms that Michael picked and arranged (with one long stemmed rose from our bushes), 





along with trimming down my birthday flowers and throwing out the dead ones:  



Then it was breakfast on the lanair (and everyone got to enjoy the great outdoors): 




before putting together bread dough and heading to my studio to work on a customer quilt.  I got a few rows done, then came upstairs to read while the bread rose and baked.  We ran the extra 1/2 loaf over to Candyce & Ralph....as a thank you to Ralph for organizing the Pinehurst trip every year.  





When I first came upstairs, everyone was down for their afternoon nap  :~):  















I finally made it back downstairs again around 4:30 PM and proceeded to spend TWO HOURS completing one row of quilting  :~(.  I don’t know what happened, but between the pattern on my machine somehow becoming corrupted, and my thread continuing to break, I was VERY frustrated by the time that row was complete and just shut down my machine and headed upstairs.  Long arms are a lot like computers….you love them and don’t even think about it when they are working correctly, but when they mess up it brings your world crashing down!!!  I heated up leftover pizza for dinner and finally at 8 PM sat down to watch TV with my honey and knit. 

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!! I look like a ????? on that couch - the puppy and kitty are so sweet - great shots!!

    Love YA

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.