Saturday, July 1, 2017

IKEA chair, new Vivofit bands

Michael took Cookie for a walk in the mist Friday morning (6/30) and Jan and I headed out for breakfast at IHOP, a stop at LEBO’s (thanks Mary Ann & Robin….I have Vionix sandals on my feet and they will stay there for the foreseeable future...although what’s a gal who hates pedicures supposed to do!??!), and finally a stop at Switchin’ Kitchen for a bunch of meals for Jan before heading home.  My honey spent a couple of hours putting together chairs for our deck:  


only to discover that the front of the seat (the highest part) was only 13-1/2 inches off of the floor!!!  That is the same height of the chairs our neighbor bought for her 8 year old granddaughter!!!  Michael and I and our friends would never be able to get out of those chairs and would probably fall into them trying to sit down….so these chairs will be going back  :~(.  I decided to take a day off from sewing (hmm….new library books with a quilting theme couldn’t possibly have anything to do with that…right???), so I sent out June minutes for 2 different clubs, and then read my book until Ann Mary & Jim picked us up for dinner at MAMA’s.  Dinner was yummy…Ann Mary and Michael both had eggplant parmesan, while Jim and I both had seafood alfredo.  As usual, the 4 of us brought home enough leftovers for another meal.  I read for a bit more in the evening before watching a bit of TV.

Many of you know that over a year ago, Michael bought me a Garmin Vivofit for my wrist.  I really like it, but the "clasp" wouldn't stay fastened for me and it would fall off.  As a matter of fact, it was lost for a couple of weeks and I was sure it was in a parking lot somewhere, but I eventually found it in the house, under my desk.  When I was at machine embroidery meeting, I noticed someone else had the same Vivofit, but with a watch type band.....she sent me ordering information, and they finally came in....I love them:  














If anyone else is using the other type of bands and you want some replacements, please let me know because I have several!!!

STASH REPORT = This is the last day of June….so it’s time for another stash report.  For the month of June, I’ve used 23-1/4 yards of fabrics mostly on patriotic quilts, but also 4 yards of backing currently on Miss Scarlett for a baby quilt and a Clinton quilt….and I’ve bought ZERO yards  :~).  Year to date (remember I only started April 23), I’ve bought 13 yards of fabric and used 49 yards (even I am amazed by how much I have used).  I’m trying to build up the used column, because I will be going to Foust again in August and I’m sure the yardage will drastically skew the other way….but year to date I am 36 yards to the good (good meaning using up my stash) and I am happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.