Thursday, July 6, 2017

baby quilt totally finished, Tuscan started....maybe!

Michael took off at 8 AM on Wednesday (7/5) walking up to the Lake House and back with Cookie.  I cleaned up the kitchen, then headed downstairs to get the label sewn down on the baby quilt.  By the time I SKYPED with Janice at 9 AM, it was totally done….YAY!!  





We talked for over an hour, and when I went upstairs to get some breakfast, someone was exploring the porch:  


By the way....have you noticed?  Michael and I have been uncertain as to what to "label" our new space.  Deck doesn't really seem to work anymore, but 3-season-room/sunroom doesn't really seem right either as the floor is not solid.  On Tuesday, Paula said "what you really have now is a porch" and we think she's right....so we're going to try to stick to porch :~).

I made an egg/cheese/toast, then I went over to talk to Susan for a bit, and was finally back home (Michael was just leaving for golf here at SCCL) at 11:30, ready to start something new.  I wanted to wait a bit longer for votes to come in on the Valor quilt, so I decided to start my Tuscan quilt.  I did 2 different versions…and I’m really not sure which one I like better….or if I even like either one at all  :~(.  I sent them to the person who wants the quilt, but I’d love to hear from you as well:   

yellow diamonds

yellow bars

























PLEASE let me know if one of them speaks more to you than the other.  It is the same block and the same colors, I just put the colors in different places and I think it TOTALLY changes the look of the block, but am still not sure either block is really nice  :~(!  

Michael and I had pizza for dinner, then headed out at 6 PM to pick up Gale & Phil to head into Charlotte for Jersey Boys…..FABULOUS!!!  We all LOVED it…..Michael had set up my IPOD ahead of time and we listened to the music all the way home as well  :~).  We got home after 11, and read until mid-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.