Thursday, July 13, 2017

Mary Ann's quilt

Michael left at 7 AM for tournament play here at SCCL on Wednesday (7/12) and I spent the day in my studio.  I had a few bills and paperwork chores to get out of the way, then I got to SKYPE with Janice for 1-1/2 hours!!!  That was terrific and I’m not sure either one of us wanted it to end ever…..but she had to get ready for work and I had to get some quilting done.  I finished loading/basting Mary Ann’s quilt 



and got the program set up, bobbins wound and started quilting.  While that was happening, I decided I had better start piecing the block of the month.  I am presenting the block for July and it would be nice if I knew what I was doing :~).  My honey finally came home at 4 PM... AND ...AND ... he and Larry came in FIRST in their flight (each winning $100).  There were 10 teams in their flight and they were in third place overall with 7 total flights….he was ECSTATIC!!!!  He told me all about the shots…and the prizes….and the guys…and the food and everything.  After we finished talking, and he headed outside to harvest tomatoes: 


and I dropped back to my block.  The directions have you doing templates….yuck….I decided I could figure it out without using them, by cutting squares and rectangles…so that took quite a bit of time.  By 8 PM (after SEVERAL false starts and too many cuts that had to be redone) I had the block together, but it only measured out at 12’’ ….and it’s supposed to be 12-1/2 ‘’ unfinished  :~(.  I had made a quick trip to WENDY”S for a chicken wrap around 7 PM because I was starving….and after all of that work on the block I was totally disgusted.  I was really bummed because it is a totally cool block:


I still don’t understand why it didn’t come out the right size….because math-wise it should have, but by 8 PM I was too tired and disgusted to fool with it any longer.  I wrote to the woman in charge of the BOM and asked if I could pick a different block…we’ll see.  By then the quilting was done on Mary Ann’s quilt 


















and I got it off of the frame and all cleaned up, ready to take into quilting on Thursday.  At that point it was 10 PM and I was beat, so I headed upstairs to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.