Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Michael was up at o’dark hundred on Monday (7/10) so that he could leave by 7 AM for golf at Fort Mill, and I was working in the kitchen by 8 AM.  First up was getting the second set of carcasses off of the porch and straining and chilling the stock.  Then I loaded up the crockpot with the last of the carcasses (I think I had a total of 8), covering them with water and putting them back out on the porch.  I did them in 3 different batches….easier on me and on the fridge, which otherwise would get too overloaded with a bunch of hot stock all at once.  After that I headed downstairs to quilt.  The current quilt has little flowers on it, so that is what I am using for a quilting design.  I really try to make the quilting blend in, so I’m not sure how well you’ll be able to see it:  


While that was stitching out I thought I’d drop back to covering pillows.  Inez (old Connecticut friend who now lives in The Villages in Florida) is coming for a visit in a little over a week, and I would love to have the final 3 pillows done by then (I always work better when I have a goal :~).  I got a top mostly quilted by the time Pat stopped by in the afternoon.  She was picking up her Mama Mia tickets and we talked for a bit.  Michael came home around 1:30...he was bummed that he didn’t have any birdies, but was still happy with his 82.  He’s always especially happy when he’s consistent between the front and back nines, and this time it was exact….41….41!  By the time Michael left for a board meeting at Fort Mill Playhouse, the quilting was all done.  


I spent the evening weaving in bobbin ends and ripping out the basting.  When he came home at 9:30, we lit the candles on the porch and sat out there talking for quilt awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.