Monday, July 17, 2017

bread, new quilts loaded

After many false starts (meaning I asked Michael to fill the tires on my bike, and he did….and then I never used it :~(, I finally did a short bike ride on Sunday morning (7/16) while he did a much longer walking-the-dog route.  I would have done a longer ride, but the one “muscle” that takes the longest to get used to the bike is my bum :~).  I was starving when I got home, but wanted to wait for Michael, so I made up my tea and put together sandwich bread dough. 



We finally got set up for breakfast out on the porch, and stayed out there reading the paper and talking until almost 11:30!!!  


I was in my studio for only a short while when Inez called….OMgoodness!!!  I am getting so excited about her visit on Wednesday.  We talked for a LONG time….we have been talking back and forth about desserts for the birthday party next Sunday night.  I already had 2 in mind…but we were going back and forth for the 3rd…..I think we have finally settled on lady locks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I guess lady locks is really a Pittsburgh term (Rich/Vicki – do you know what I’m talking about??)  Here’s a link: https://www.seductioninthekitchen.com/lady-locks/  as the rest of the world probably calls them cream horns.  Inez already sent me her grandmother’s recipe…not sure if we are using it, or the one I already have, but I am DEFINITELY happy to have her grandmother’s recipe.  I was worried about Inez coming and being bored while I was quilting (although I figured we’d do what all of my other friends do when they are here…..yak and yak and yak and yak!!!)  But now that we’re talking about all of the stuff we can cook/bake….I wish she were staying longer!!  She made 3 different kinds of lady locks for her son’s wedding….and for months beforehand, she was making about 50 different varieties to test them out, changing both the dough and the filling….I’ll bet her neighbors all gained 10 pounds during that time!  Anyway, by the time we were done talking, it was time to divide and shape my bread dough and I stayed upstairs reading until it rose and baked.  




Michael took the extra 1/2 a loaf to the guy who took him to The Masters this year.  With one thing and another I didn’t get back downstairs until around 4 PM.  I finally got 2 Valor quilts loaded and basted by 8 PM 




when I headed upstairs to watch TV and snuggle with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.