Thursday, July 27, 2017

pieced out totally done!, Candyce & Ralph, Gale & Phil, Sue & Dennis

I was in a lot of intestinal distress late Tuesday evening and all through the night, so I got very little sleep and when I got up on Wednesday morning (7/26) I was moving very slowly.  Michael left for errands around 9 AM (Best Buy, library, bank, CVS) and I sat down to SKYPE with Janice….we ended up talking on the phone because SKYPE didn’t work  :~(…but we got to talk until close to 10:30.  After that I settled in to pay some bills and get my blog entry out, so I didn’t get back to sewing until NOON.  I spent the afternoon working on finishing the binding on the Clinton quilt:  














And that included a long nap in the middle of it  :~).  Michael and I left at 5 PM to pick up Candyce & Ralph, 


and we met Gale & Phil 



and Sue & Dennis 


at the Pump House for the Queen’s Feast.  We had a lovely time with the other couples and were all stuffed by the time we left:  

the menu

yummy cornbread

gazpacho

salmon

hanger steak with risotto

pork chop with peach grits


We also had cheesecake, chocolate cake and homemade peach ice cream for dessert.  The only bad thing?  It took an INCREDIBLY long time to get our food….a 3 hour dinner was not something that any of us were excited about.  Once we dropped off Candyce & Ralph and got home, we watched just a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.