Wednesday, August 10, 2016

tutorial on finishing tomato sauce, all of my Foust fabric

Tuesday morning (8/9) I propped open the lid of the crockpot and let it cook for 3 – 4 more hours.  



You can see how much it cooked down…

remember yesterday...it was full to the brim with tomatoes

I poured it into a bowl and got out my stick blender…a couple of buzzes later, I had wonderful thick sauce.  



After that I headed to my “basil bush”, 



all planted from seed and now 3 – 4 feet high, and picked a bunch.  I did a chiffonade, sprinkled it over the sauce and stirred it in.  


Then it got ladled into 4 LABELED (YAY for me!) pint containers and stuck in the freezer.  



In the tomatoes Robin had given me there were quite a few roma tomatoes, plus we had a bunch from our own tomato plants, so those when into the crockpot next and went back out on the deck to cook. 



I spent the rest of the day working on my sewing studio and fabric closet.  Things have gotten totally out of control over the last year and I’m going to do a major clean up and re-org of my stuff.  I’ll try to take some pictures along the way…but it’s going to be a long process.  Michael and I had pizza for dinner, then he left to pick up Larry for the movies and I finally got some binding cut out and sewed together for one of my patriotic quilts.  I also got most of my Foust material put away…..I bought mostly boring things this time:   

a medium gray for a quilt that I/BG/Pat/Loree are making...hopefully buying light gray in February

blue 108" wide for quilt backing


lavendar 108" wide backing that I think I can use on 4 quilt tops I already have done  :-)


Jan bought this dark brown, and I bought 6 yards from her for these squares I cut out awhile ago



This was the one thing NOT on my list, but it was really nice and I thought it would be the start of an interesting HIDDEN WELLS quilt.  Pat & Loree & Jan all bought several yards from me.




And finally, I was looking for charm packs to work on a Hunter's Star, but I didn't find any nice ones...instead I bought 2 jelly rolls that I will take to Connecticut and hopefully come home with a finished quilt top:

aren't they gorgeous?!?!?!
And I also bought 2 more bolts of tear-a-way.  I hope to get back to doing a lot of embroidery for my Clinton School quilts...just as soon as I am finished with my secret project  :~).

I headed upstairs around 9 PM and Michael was home by 9:30.  We watched a bit of TV before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.