Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Cooking Fingers food, thread test, pants quilt binding


Michael left early on Monday (8/22) to drop the car off to be fixed and then go golfing.  I did another tiny bit of unpacking before leaving just before 10 AM.  I hit the library and the bank before heading to the Lake House for Cooking Fingers.  The meal was summer salads, and everything was very good.  We had a cauliflower salad, pasta salad, caprese salad and an herb cracker to round everything out and add some crunch. 


the crackers that we all thought were cookies when we first saw them!

Dessert was a Kahlua trifle….YUM!!! 

After lunch, Pat and I walked in the pool for an hour and after dropping her off at home, I stopped at the Lodge to talk about how to set up the ballroom for the chocolate event in October.  I was finally home just after 2 Pm and could not make myself do anything more than read my book (still recovering from my trip I guess…I have NO idea how BG managed to go to work on Monday!)  Michael came home around 3 and we talked for a bit before we both settled down for some reading.  We had an early dinner of leftovers, and finally around 6 PM I got a second wind and headed downstairs.  I am doing a thread evaluation for a commercial client, so I got the fabric loaded up and my bobbins wound so that I would be ready to go first thing in the morning. 

After that I started to put the binding on the “pants” quilt


and worked on that until 9 PM when I headed upstairs to watch a bit of TV before bed.  Hopefully I’ll have my normal amount of energy back on Tuesday :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.