Monday, August 29, 2016

Jerri L Clinton quilt, a little more cleaning, beaucoup Cookie, sewing apron clean up, featherweight


We headed out to STACK’s Sunday morning (8/28) for a yummy breakfast…..1/2 of which we each brought home.  I headed to the studio to get to quilting again.  As I mentioned, I finished the leftovers quilting on Saturday and I had another charity top to do.  Jerri L from Thursday quilting wanted to help out with a quilt for Clinton.  She gave me the inside of this quilt and I added 2 borders and voila….a new Clinton quilt that I was finished quilting by 3 PM.

second quilt loaded up within an inch of the leftovers quilt





While the quilting was going on, I got a small amount of cleaning done….  Before    



and After


I also got the squares cut to make one more row on my rainbow pinwheel quilt (the Thursday project).  One more row will make it the perfect size for Beds = Dreams (aka Sterling).  I was thinking of just putting big borders on 2 of the ends….but that really wouldn’t have looked as nice as it could, so I sucked it up and cut more squares for more pinwheels blocks :~).  Michael came down to look at his emails, and as usual, we had company:

mom quilting, dad at the computer...all is right with the world





After I finished quilting the second Clinton quilt I decided that this was the perfect time to clean out my sewing apron…since my machine is AWOL!  WOW – it was stuffed full of CR_P…


some things got put in the door apron since I don’t use that stuff very often (remember this?):


a close up of some of the pockets

















 












  some got thrown away, and here’s what’s left that has to fit back into the apron once it is washed and anchored with a long stick:


Michael and I both had leftovers for dinner, then I headed back downstairs until around 9 PM.  I decided to put the sleeve on the back of my sewing apron and get the stick in (ok BG....how are you doing with yours?!?!?!):
















Which I got sewn in with the help of my feather weight:















I finally headed upstairs at 9 PM...really pooped, but happy with what I accomplished today.  A little TV and snuggling with my honey, then it was off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job of reorganizing and decluttering!! LOVE U!!!

    Me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.