Monday, August 15, 2016

leftovers quilt top done, loading up pants quilt


Michael left super early for golf on Sunday (8/14)…my days of the week are already very screwed up, since he didn’t golf on Saturday, but on Sunday.  When I saw Phyllis (our mail carrier) walking up on the front porch yesterday to deliver something, I thought “WOW, when did they start delivering mail on Sunday?”  Good thing I’m going to Connecticut in 2 days, so knowing what day it is for the rest of the week really won’t matter :~).  Anyway, I headed downstairs and finished the top of the leftovers quilt (this will become a quilt for Clinton School):


I think it looks really nice….everything except the purple border and the blue swirly border was leftover from the 3 DUDES QUILT, and the purple and blue borders were leftover from 2 other quilts….so I think I did a really good job of pulling it all together.   When I was cleaning out part of the closet yesterday, I came across a piece of quilting that was on the machine at the store where I bought my long arm.  They were just going to throw it away, but I took it because Willa is always looking for quilted things for dog beds at the shelter.  Since I had to serge the backing for a quilt I am loading up, I finally (only 2 years later…that’s all :~) serged around the outside. 


I will weave in the serged ends and turn it in to the shelter.  I got my backing serged, then loaded up the “pants” quilt.  You remember, some woman wanted a quilt made out of her mother’s pants….Jerri (a Thursday quilter) finished the 1/2 square triangle quilt and brought it in to me last week.  So, I got it loaded up and started to quilt it.
















You might notice something new in the second picture.  Instead of having my tablet hooked to the top of the machine (where it belongs), someone on my Facebook group recommended buying a 25 foot long USB cable.  I ordered one and it came in yesterday…so I set up my tablet on a convenient small table.  That way the tablet doesn’t get vibrated.  I’m trying to minimize/neutralize the problems I had on the last quilt  :~).  I worked until 5:30 with no hitches (YAYAY!!) and got all but 3 rows done, then Michael and I sat and read for a bit.  Neither one of us wanted dinner as each had lunch kind of late….so after reading for a bit, I got a second wind and headed back downstairs and he headed to the media room to watch TV.  I finished off the last 3 rows (YAY!)


and headed back upstairs at 9 PM to watch a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.