Friday, August 26, 2016

pants quilt pick-up, Clinton quilts going..., Cookie a trois, leeftover quilt loaded


Michael left before 7 AM for golf on Thursday (8/25) here at SCCL.  I got my emails done and blog entry out and started to pin a double length of fleece onto Miss Scarlett before heading to quilting.  I would like to give my new tablet a workout over the next 2 weeks to see if I have any problems…and I have 2 Clinton quilt tops to get started on my quest.  As always, quilting was a blast and when I got home at 2 PM I connected with my honey, then the “pants” woman came over to pick up her quilt.  She loved it….I was so glad. 


And…that Loree from Thursday quilting is one smart cookie.  I took the “pants” quilt for show and tell at quilting and mentioned that I had to remember to get the box of leftover pants out of my front room to return to the woman.  Loree said “don’t give them back, take them to Goodwill or she will want another quilt”.  Loree was very sure on that point…that made me think, so I went to Jerri L and asked if she would be willing to do another one and she said as long as it wasn’t 1/2 square triangles, she was in.  Well, low and behold, when the pants woman came….she DID ask if we would do another quilt!  I was so glad that Loree had mentioned it, and that I had had a chance to ask Jerri.  So….sometime in the next several months, you’ll see me quilting and finishing another pants quilt.  Everyone at quilting thought the quilt was really pretty…..so that was good!  Anyway, after that I had to do a couple of errands to drop off stuff, so I picked up Jan and off we went.  We ended up at Pat’s house and visited her for a bit before heading home.  The Clinton School teacher swung by to pick up a box of ribbons from me (for the art teacher) and quilts and fleece tied blankets from Pat.  Hopefully over the next week or 2 my guest bedroom will look a lot emptier:















as I get rid of the quilts and blankets I’ve been setting aside for Clinton.  Michael was downstairs when I got home and I went down to check my emails….Cookie was in one of her favorite positions….she gets on the back of the sofa and crunches down on the back cushions….she looked so cute I had to take a couple of pictures: 





We had leftover pizza for dinner and after I got the first quilt loaded up:
the latest leftovers quilt

we watched TV for the rest of the night.  I started to tie another fleece blanket before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.