Tuesday, August 16, 2016

BG & Deb, Pat M quilt, bargello started, peach/blueberry rumble

Greetings to you from (not quite as hot) Connecticut!!!   Michael and I got up at 4:30 AM on Tuesday (8/16) to head to the airport for my flight to CT.  The morning/flight was uneventful, and I arrived at the curb about 2 minutes before BG showed up:   


We headed for home, stopping to pick up a loaf of Russian Pumpernickel at a new bakery, as well as a few other stops.  Once home we sliced the still warm bread and slathered it with butter…BG knows I’m a butter snob, and bought Land o’ Lakes just for me :~)….it was HEAVENLY!!! 
Michael called to tell me that Pat M was coming by to pick up her quilt....I really didn't post a good picture of it, so she was kind enough to take a couple and email them to me:






After the bread, BG & I headed to her sewing studio and were sewing by 1:15.  We both started with this:  












and by the time we stopped for pizza for dinner, we had this:












Once we were fortified by pizza, we kept sewing until 8 PM and had this:











So we took a break and headed back to the kitchen.  We put together a peach/blueberry crumble:

And BG also made chicken salad for Steven's lunch.  By then we were pooped and sat and talked for a bit before collapsing into bed (it was a very early morning and long day for both of us)!

1 comment:

  1. glad you are safe and sound and soooooooooooo busy!

    miss you ...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.