Thursday, August 25, 2016

beaucoup Cookie, Janice's hidden wells


I was out of the house just after 9 AM on Wednesday (8/24) to pick up Pat and head off to BEST BUY.  Well…of course they couldn’t find my same tablet anywhere in the country….so I now have a totally different tablet…don’t they understand that CHANGE IS BAD!?!?!??!  Anyway, we were there for several hours and decided to treat ourselves to lunch at the STUFFED OLIVE before heading home…ruebens & homemade potato chips….yum!!!  We changed our clothes and immediately headed out to the Lake House to walk in the pool for over an hour.  By the time I got home I was totally pooped (even though walking/jogging in the pool doesn’t feel like real exercise, it really does tire me out!), and Michael was totally pooped, so we both took a nap in the media room…luckily Cookie snuggled right down under a quilt  :~).  After that we headed downstairs to get caught up on our emails.  Cookie was so jealous when she saw all of the pictures of Elsie in the blog, that I promised I would put her in today: 



At 5 PM I finally got my new tablet out of the bag and started to set up my program and to load in all of the designs I have purchased.  It took 2 hours (and 3 phone calls to the software company) to finally get my program loaded (I skipped dinner totally....still too full from lunch).  I started to load in my designs for 1/2 an hour, then tried to SKYPE with Janice…as usual when I get a new tablet, it didn’t work :~(….so we just talked on the phone for an hour.  When I went to Connecticut, I took Janice some of Ginny’s fabric that I thought she would like.  Janice doesn’t have a stash and she was VERY excited to see all of it.  She was so enamored of it that at our Saturday mini-retreat, she started to sew a hidden wells quilt after she finished binding a table runner.  She was REALLY bummed that SKYPE didn’t work as she had “show and tell”, but as soon as we hung up, she sent me a picture: 

Isn’t it beautiful?  Each one of these quilts has been just terrific.  After we were done I finally got the rest of my designs loaded to the tablet….finished the last embroidery that I am not ready to show pictures of and headed upstairs…totally pooped just before 10.  I had 1/2 a glass of wine and just looked through quilting magazines from Janice to unwind before finally heading to bed..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.