Saturday, August 13, 2016

more studio organizing, quilting done for Janice, leftovers quilt, fleece blanket


Friday morning (8/12) while Michael took Cookie for a walk, I started back in with organizing and cleaning in the studio & closet.  He came back shortly after I started and took off for Discount Tire and WALMART.  Michael checks our tire pressure every month, and for 2 months we have been losing pressure in a back tire....somehow we have picked up yet another nail!  This is the 4th nail in the last couple of years...I don't know where we're getting them....we don't drive through any construction sites!!!  Oh well....they said it would take 1-1/2 hours to get to the car, so Michael walked over to WALMART and did a bunch of shopping, then walked back to Discount Tire in time to pick up the car and head on home.  I worked on my sewing closet for a couple of hours (quilting on Janice's quilt in the meantime) but it was so WORTH IT!!!  I have a lot of my fabric in the wire bin system that LOWE's used to carry.  I had a friend make plywood tops, just so that I could put stuff on top of them....hmmm..maybe that was my first mistake?
















What a mess....right?  Now, you already know that the bolts are gone....moved to the right onto my built in shelves, but the rest is gone too!  I have a pillow form that I want to cover for the living room and all of the pizza boxes contain projects (the pizza boxes are up from off of the floor under my sewing tables...YAY!).  They're not UFO's....they are totally cut out quilts, ready to take on retreat and be sewn together :~).  Actually, we are having a 1 day retreat at Scrap Happy in September....maybe my pinwheel/rainbow will be done by then and I'll just grab one of these boxes and go!


I have always loved these empty Xeorx boxes for "stuff"...but I actually love the lids better now that Mary Jo showed me how versatile they can be to store projects.






It looks SO beautiful and makes me feel so much better about that part of the closet.  I still have a long way to go...but a little at a time is good.  After cleaning I worked full time on Janice's quilt, and I was done with the quilting: 


by the time Michael and I left for a matinee of STAR TREK:BEYOND in 3 D.  It was a terrific movie and fun to have an afternoon date with my honey.  We were driving home at 6:30 and just stopped at ARBY's for a slider for dinner.  I sewed until 8:30 when we got home and got a bit more accomplished on the leftovers quilt (I know you probably can't see it from the picture, but there are butterflies in the print that are purple and these borders do a good job of picking that up): 






I found several pieces of my original strata that were too small to cut into squares: 

So I ripped those apart


and sewed them back together into one long strip that I could then put along the sides of the quilt (I don't think I have enough to run along the other 2 sides):

Then we watched TV from 8:30 til just after 10 PM and I finished tying another fleece blanket: 


It turned out to be a very productive day  :~)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.