Monday, August 15, 2016

packing!

I was up at 5:30 AM on Monday (8/15)….just too many things on my mind to sleep I guess.  I got the pants quilt off of my quilting frame and all trimmed by the time Michael got up.  Jan came over at 8:30 and we drove around the neighborhood, putting out flyers for one of our board candidates.  By the time we were done, it was time to head up to the Lake House for the Volunteer meeting.  There was lots of lively discussion and I sat at a table with several friends….so that was all good!  I got home after 12, and had a quick confab with my honey and made up 6 servings of yoghurt for him (I made the yoghurt in the crockpot overnight, but had to put it in little containers with fruit on the bottom and a little jam) before leaving at 12:50 PM for Machine Embroidery (the 3rd Monday of the month is always a hectic day).  I got home after 3 PM and finally began putting things in my suitcase…..not things for me mind you, but things that I will be leaving there (like 3 quilts I’ve completed for CT customers and a bunch of fabric).  By the time I was done, my suitcase weighed 33 pounds:

















And except for that large plastic cup containing tea bags and truvia and the small green pill case beside it…nothing in there was mine!  My honey made us an early dinner of grilled ham & cheese sandwiches (since neither one of us had eaten lunch) and then I headed downstairs to watch TV and finish a knitted hat so that my needles would be free to start knitting projects on the plane.  I was upstairs at 8:30, was totally packed by 8:45 and sat down to watch TV with Michael for an hour before bed.  Tomorrow we’ll be up at o’dark hundred to be at the airport by 6 AM…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.