Monday, August 1, 2016

garden flowers, French toast tutorial

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (7/31), then picked a beautiful new bouquet of hydrangeas:  


while I cleaned up the kitchen from Saturday and got a bit more ripping done on the quilt.  We settled in to breakfast and my honey made smurfy French toast.  Start with 3 slices of (according to my honey) the bestest homemade bread ever (yes…I made bread yesterday…never got any pictures….gave extra 1/2 loaf to Pat):  



Scramble up 2 eggs and add a dash of vanilla:  



Heat up the frying pan with butter and dip the bread (both sides) in the egg batter and carefully place in the frying pan and cook on both sides until golden brown…
















smother with butter/cinnamon/sugar and eat:



I headed to my studio after breakfast and happily spent most of the rest of the day there.  I got several embroideries done on a secret project….so you won’t see those pictures for several months.  And before you all start crabbing at me…if the people who are going to receive these embroideries (that’s you Fiber Floozies) want to stop reading the blog…I’d be happy to post the pictures  :~).  I also finishing ripping and sewing the latest quilt and I am very happy with the results.  In between all of that, I got some binding strips cut for one of the quilts “on the binding pile”.  I actually think I did a pretty good job of multi-tasking…without going completely crazy :~).  At dinnertime I made 2 casseroles of mac ‘n’ cheese and sent one over to our neighbors Anne & Bryce.  Michael set up the toaster oven out on the deck and we baked ours out there.    I spent a bit of time after dinner starting to sew on a binding, but finally came upstairs around 8 PM to collapse and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.