Tuesday, August 30, 2016

quilts to be bound, Linda's quilt loaded, ham & cheese roll ups reprise


Michael left early Tuesday morning (8/30) for a routine doctor’s appointment, and I headed to my studio.  I took both Clinton quilts off of my machine and got them trimmed.  Then it took me quite awhile to sew in all of the ends, but finally they joined the pile of quilts waiting to be bound: 


I will definitely have to wait until I get my Pfaff back to do that.  The rest of the morning was spent loading up Linda’s quilt.  It is a queen sized quilt and both the back and front needed to be ironed before loading as they were a bit wrinkly, so that took a bit of time.  I got it basted down


just in time for Joanne to pick me up for Stitch and Chat.  We had a good time there and I got to talk to some people I haven’t seen in awhile.  I had leftover dough, leftover cheese, and leftover sauce from the ham/cheese roll ups on Saturday, so when I got home I got right into making up another set (Michael had bought more ham at the grocery store). 



I decided to sit and read my book while the dough was rising,

they really rose beautifully for 3 day old dough!
and Michael took Cookie for a short walk while that was going on. 

I added the poppy seed sauce before sliding into the oven

after baking














yum!

We had those with some sliced up ‘maters for dinner, after which Michael left to see COME H_LL OR HIGH WATER and I headed back to the studio to make a start on Linda’s quilt.  I had 4 rows done by 10 PM and headed back upstairs to wait for my honey, who finally got home around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.