Monday, August 8, 2016

garden flowers, 'maters, quilt done!, champagne & puffy things



One of the best things about summer?  Fresh flowers every week:





Sunday morning (8/7) was another 3 hours of H_LL at my machine….my tablet kept shutting down, which makes the stitching stop!  I think I have multiple problems going on and none of them are helping.  But by NOON I put the last quilting stitch in and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief and decided I could take a break for lunch.  Robin (Thursday quilter) had given me a peck of tomatoes on Thursday

that I was supposed to turn into sauce.  But with the last 3 days I’ve had, I hadn’t gotten to it yet….we’ve just been eating them :~).  So Sunday I had a yummy ‘mater sammich for lunch. 

yes....on homemade bread...the best!
I spent the next 3-1/2 hours weaving in all of the ends created by bobbins running out and all of the other problems, and trimming, making the binding, and attaching by machine.  By late afternoon I was finally done:  





I called Jerry L (another Thursday quilter) who will be doing the hand binding part, and picked up Pat (just to talk) and we both rode up to Harris Teeter to turn over the quilt.  While I was taking Pat back home the skies opened, so I stayed at her house for a bit to dry out.  With the stressful weekend I had, you might guess what was on the agenda for dinner…..yep, champagne and puffy things! 


mini quiches

our beloved stuffed scallops

Then it was popcorn



and a totally silly movie (SHARKNADO 4) to round out the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.