Tuesday, August 2, 2016

a rose is a rose...etc, Linda's quilt finished, lots of Cookie & Elsie, diamond dash finished


I got up at o’dark hundred Monday morning (8/1) to make my honey’s breakfast, as he had a very short time to get ready before leaving for golf.  Then I headed back to bed to snuggle with Cookie for a bit.


Once I was up and had my peanut butter/toast breakfast, I headed outside.  I had noticed a beautiful rose when I took Cookie out in the morning, and wanted to cut it for my honey's nightstand:





After that, I started downstairs to get my quilting day started.  I felt like I had a lot of energy, and got several things accomplished.  First up was a label so that I could finish the binding on the next charity quilt:



While that was stitching out, I got Linda’s quilt off of the frame and proceeded to weave in all of the bobbin ends: 



I took a short break for some yoghurt for lunch, and caught more snuggling going on:







By late afternoon, I had finished the binding and stitched down the label on another Clinton Quilt (YAYAY!  One less on the “waiting to be labeled and bound” pile): 

I love how this looks...would like to do another one!

I also finished another “mystery” embroidery :~).  Just before dinner I started to load up another customer quilt.  I couldn’t really continue with loading it up without Michael’s help…we had to go from this: 


to this: 



We had to load a new 40 yard roll of warm & natural batting onto my batting bar.  We had leftovers for dinner (mac & cheese and pizza), then settled down to watch TV.  I was reclaiming fleece while we were watching (you know…ripping out stitches so that I could separate the batting from the fleece).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.