Saturday, August 6, 2016


I was up and out early Friday morning (8/5).  I made 3 stops to gather sage from fellow residents first.  I will be doing a Cooking Fingers Demo in October and I need to make sage butter.  I figured I could harvest some now, and some closer to the demo.  Since I will make the sage butter and freeze it, that will work out well.  Then it was off to pick up 2 quilts.  I am very excited that I have 2 new quilts to do, but I also have to bind them  :~(.  That’s usually one of the nicest things about doing customer quilts versus my own….I quilt them and then give them back!  But these they want quilted, and then a traditional quilters hand binding on them (sew binding on front and hand stitch the back)….this will be interesting.  My foot doctor is right across from where I picked up the quilts, and my right foot has been killing me, so I stopped by to see if there was an opening.  He could see me at 1 PM, so I stopped for lunch and read my book before coming back.  I have a severely inflamed tendon on the outside of my right foot  :~(.  I have a brace, and have to take anti-inflammatories for 3 weeks, then come back.  I’m back to walking like a drunken sailor…oh well.  I think the problem is that my knees are so much better that I have been doing lots more walking…and my foot obviously doesn’t like it!  I got home finally at 2:30 and had a few moments to myself before leaving for another doctor’s appointment.  Michael had a heart doc appoint (just routine) in the afternoon, and we ran a bunch of errands on the way home.  We were finally home after 5 PM and by the time I got caught up on various emails and voicemails, it was 7 PM before I got back to my studio.  I got all of the bobbin ends woven in on Pat M’s quilt and got it trimmed, and finally started to iron and load one of the new quilts.  By the time I got just the back loaded…I was pooped…so I headed upstairs to snuggle and watch TV with my honey for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.