Sunday, August 14, 2016

cut up scraps, stabelizer basket, one pot pasta


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Saturday morning (8/13) while I headed to my studio.  I spent a good bit of time ironing and cutting bits of fabric I found while I was cleaning into my standard squares (5 inch, 3-1/2 inch and 2 inch), and putting them into the  appropriate drawer:
 

Pat came over around 9:30 and we headed out to breakfast and talked and talked and talked.  Once home I just settled into the living room to read my book for bit, and didn’t make it back to my studio until late afternoon.  I scrounged around in my 2-1/2 inch strip drawer and found blue and coral/pink and yellow strips that I thought would go with the leftovers quilt.  I had enough fabric to put on the other 2 end rows...I think it looks great so far:

I also put in more cleaning time…wish I had taken a picture of this basket before I started…it was an absolute mess…it was supposed to be holding my stabelizers, but I had jammed much, much more into it so that it was overflowing.  I got it all cleaned out and decided to ditch the Xerox boxes on top of my fabric drawers (I don't really use them much anymore...just the lids :~) and move my basket off of the floor and onto my fabric drawers. 



By then it was almost dinnertime, and I decided to make one pot pasta with many of the green roma tomatoes Michael picked off of our vines, which have ripened on the counter in the last 2 weeks. 



I cut up the tomatoes, put in the pasta and thinly sliced an onion:


Michael picked a bunch more basil for me, so I chopped that up and added it, along with some garlic and salt:



I added water and started cooking it



while my honey cleaned some shrimp:


Near the end of cooking, I laid a bunch of shrimp on top to cook….



A little Parmesan....



And OMG!!!  It was delicious. 


I headed back downstairs until 9 PM and got 1/2 of the final set of borders onto the new leftovers quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, I tried reaching thru the screen to try it - but it didn't work.... Looks yummy !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.