Friday, August 12, 2016

bread, starting a leftovers quilt, 4th patriotic totally done!, Janice's quilt started


I wanted to thank Loree & Robin for all of the tomatoes they have given me, so I hopped up Thursday morning (8/11) to bake bread to take to Scrap Happy Quilting! 


I had an extra 15 minutes while the bread was rising, and again while it was baking, so I decided to start another “leftovers” project.  What do you guys do with the fabric you have leftover from making a quilt?  Or with the orphan blocks?  Mine usually end up in a box lid…and then I get many, many box lids and get depressed  :~).  Anyway, when I was cleaning I found this box lid with leftovers from my 3 DUDES QUILT, and decided to try to make something out of it.  Here’s what I got done before I left for quilting:

I laid out my orphan blocks

and got them all sewn together
















 













While I was at quilting, I got the label stitched down on the patriotic quilt….so it is TOTALLY done and will go on the pile to be given away  (YAYAYAY!!):




















I love, love, love the definition of the quilting you get on the fleece back...and Loree liked this as well.  She thought this would be an easy pattern to do on Miss Margie (the SHQ mid-arm that was donated to us).

 

I also got to start sewing my pinwheel blocks to my rainbow fabric (this is my current Thursday project that I take every week to quilting)….I think this quilt top will come together over the next few weeks at quilting.  I stayed until 1:30, then headed off to Sharon’s to drop off the “quilt from H_LL”!!  It must have been worth it…she LOVED it!!!  Several other people she works with came by to also ooh and ahh over the pattern.  This quilt will end up on CRAFTSY to sell kits of their fabric….I am PSYCHED!  (BG, you have to let me know if you see it...here's the pic again):



While I was with Sharon, her co-worker Lynn gave me some thread she would like me to test out for her.  I hope to work on that when I get back from Connecticut,  Have I mentioned that???  I’ll be in Connecticut starting next Tuesday (the 16th) and coming home the following Sunday (the 21st)….WHOO HOO!!!  I finally got home around 3:30 and read for literally 5 minutes before Michael came home.  We both talked about our days (Michael had an 86 for his golfing score), then I headed downstairs to get a bit more sewing done.   

I found this blue on the shelves I cleaned and it was perfect




We had leftover pizza for dinner, then I put in a bit more sewing until 8 PM...I got Janice's quilt loaded up and got a few rows done (not without some difficulty, but they are done)....I LOVE the leaf pattern she picked out:
















After that I came upstairs to read for an hour and then watch TV with my honey.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.