Wednesday, August 24, 2016

new quilting pattern, pants quilt totally done!, boucoup Elsie


Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Tuesday morning (8/23) while I headed down to the studio…first up?  Setting up the pattern for the thread test and starting to stitch out.  I’m going to keep the same pattern on each row (lots of up and down and left and right and back stitching), but vary the speed and stitches per inch.  I’m using a new pattern I just bought called WOOD SPRITE and I can’t wait to use it on one of my own quilts. 
















I’m still getting used to the tablet not being attached to my machine…I’m sure it will take several (many?) more quilts to get used to it.  While my pattern was stitching out, I dropped back to the binding on the “pants” quilt.  The bad news is….while I was testing out the first thread…my tablet (yes, my brand new only-a-month-old tablet) shut itself off twice  :~(.  I have my settings on the tablet set to NEVER TURN OFF IF PLUGGED INTO THE WALL….so, it’s back to Best Buy I go.  Anyway, by 2 PM the pants quilt was DONE: 


Considering what we started with, I think it looks excellent.  I've written to the woman to come and pick it up, but I haven't heard back yet:


After that, I ran up to the Lodge to vote in the Home Owners Association election.  I unexpectedly met Pat up there and we sat and talked for a bit before she headed out to finish her errands and I headed back home to have some lunch.  Michael called me into the bedroom and low and behold….Elsie was finally relaxing/sleeping on her cat tree: 








By the time Michael picked up a pizza for dinner, the thread test was done as well.  He left shortly afterwards to pick up Larry to see SUICIDE SQUAD and Jan picked me up after that and we went to see THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS.  I was home by 9:30 and Michael was home by 10….we both watched a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.