Thursday, August 11, 2016

beginning sewing room clean-up

On Wednesday morning (8/10) Michael got up at o’dark hundred and left before 7 AM for golf here at SCCL.  I continued my cleaning quest in the morning and made VERY good progress.  

These are the before pics (I'm starting with the built in shelves in my closet):
















And here are the first 2 shelves cleaned off:

this is all of my backing fabric...both on bolts and some flat folds

the box lids are UFO's I have to look at

second shelf is all of the fabric I have on bolts, regular 44" wide

other side of that shelf is uncatalogued fabric

unfortunately, the pool table has become my staging area for now
After that I decided to tackle my long arm again.  The tablet had been randomly shutting off, which stops the stitching.  I put it on my long arm and turned it on and left it sit on several screens for 20 minutes at a time and it never shut off, so I decided to load up a quilt and go for it….that proved to be my undoing.  I started to wind the bobbins and my bobbin winder wasn’t working.  I tried loosening the tension on the disk….screw pops off and rolls into my machine carriage somewhere :~(.  I can’t win for losing.  Take apart machine (I took pictures of where all the wires went just in case I needed help getting it back correctly) and wait for Michael to come home from golf to help me lift off machine.  We finally find the screw after a bit of searching.  Finally at 2 PM I have machine all back together, but not tension on bobbin disk.  After that I decided I deserved some fun, so I worked on finally finishing the binding on a patriotic quilt.  This is number 4 of this year…I just have to bind one more and I will fulfill my goal for this year.  Michael hit up 521 BBQ for our dinner, and I got a little more stitching done on the binding before it was time to SKYPE with Janice.  We talked for almost 1-1/2 hours!!!  After that I got the binding totally done on the patriotic quilt and headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey.  I got all of the ends sewn in on the quilt and will stitch down the label at quilting tomorrow…another finished project…WHOO HOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.